WHAT’S IN YOUR CAR?
- Check your spare tire for proper inflation! Inspect every 6 months.
- A vehicle’s car jack and lug wrench should be present and the driver should know how to properly use them.
- Preprogram your mobile phone with a emergency roadside service entity.
- Call CHP or local law enforcement for assistance to get you off the road.
- 12 foot jumper cables
- Four 15–minute roadside flares
- Emergency Red Reflector Triangles
- First Aid Kit
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Tire pressure gauge
- Roll of duct tape
- A HELP sign at least 8 inches
- Fresh energy bars
- Fresh bottled waters
- Extra vehicle fuses
- Small tool kit
- Heavy duty nylon bag to keep the small items together
- Plastic tarp
- Tire inflator ‘fixa flat’
- A quart of motor oil
- Spray bottle with washer fluid
- Pocket knife
- Ice scraper
- Paper towels
- Pen and paper
- Bungee cord at least 12 inches
- Rain pancho
- Cable ties
- Work gloves
- Small fire extinguisher ABC rated
Prepared by the California Office of Traffic Safety